National Travel and Tourism Week is typically a celebration of the countless ways in which travel enriches lives and strengthens communities. However, this year, with the devastating impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the travel industry, the Arizona Office of Tourism is highlighting some of the 192,000 people employed by Arizona’s hospitality industry.
Our local NTTW theme, “Arizona Spirit of Travel,” honors the tourism industry’s strength, selflessness and resiliency through a series of videos that spotlight some of those who make Arizona vacations unforgettable for more than 45 million people each year.
This video project, which features hotel employees, attraction operators, craft brewers, a master chef and others, has reaffirmed for us that in the face of these challenging times, the Spirit of Travel is driven by passionate, dedicated Arizonans. We'd love to see your take on the Arizona Spirit of Travel, share your video with us by using #AZSpiritofTravel. Plus, see below for tips on the many ways you can support or show appreciation for Arizona tourism businesses.
Arizona Tourism Industry
All Across Arizona
TOP 7 QUICK TIPS TO SUPPORT TOURISM
- Share your favorite memory of a stay at an Arizona resort or experience at an Arizona restaurant by placing a review on Trip Advisor or Yelp
- Order a gift certificate to use at an Arizona hotel or resort during a future stay
- Participate in #TakeoutTuesday to show your love for your favorite local eateries
- Order to-go or get a delivery from local wineries and craft breweries
- Share your favorite Arizona vacation destination, restaurant meal or local business on Twitter and Instagram with #VisitArizona and #AZSpiritofTravel
- Donate to a cause supporting tourism
- Change your social media profile pictures to a photo from your favorite Arizona vacation
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
Support Arizona's tourism industry by donating to any of the efforts listed below.
Todd Bostock & Kent Callaghan
Dos Cabezas WineWorks & Callaghan Vineyards
Debbie Johnson, Director
Arizona Office of Tourism
John Fitzgibbons, President
Pink Jeep Tours
Jarrod Voeller, Door Captain
Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
Maria Mazon, Owner & Chef
BOCA Tacos y Tequila
Michael Marquess, CEO & Founder
Mother Road Brewing Company