#2 Visit Arizona Marketing Grant
The pandemic significantly impacted the Arizona travel industry and in turn negatively affected the revenue that the local destination marketing organizations use to attract future visitors to Arizona cities and towns. The Visit Arizona Marketing Program will support efforts to execute targeted tourism marketing plans to bring visitors to destinations across the state.
The Visit Arizona Marketing program is a competitive grant program that will strive to equitably award Visit Arizona Initiative Funds to qualified applications. Only one Visit Arizona Marketing Grant will be awarded per entity per application period.
Funding Source: American Rescue Plan (ARP), U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, CFDA/Assistance Listing 21.027
- Funding provided by ARP is meant to aid the tourism, travel and hospitality industries in responding to the negative economic impacts of the pandemic.
- Funds may be used to “respond to the public health emergency or its negative economic impacts, including… aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel and hospitality.” (31 CRF Part 35, pg. 7)
- “Eligible uses that respond to the negative economic impacts of the public health emergency must be designed to address an economic harm resulting from or exacerbated by the public health emergency.” (31 CRF Part 35, pg. 30)
- Grant responses must be related and reasonably proportionally to the extent and type of harm experienced. (31 CRF Part 35, pg. 31)
Funding Total: Visit Arizona Initiative Marketing Grant Program - $20 million
What’s Needed to Apply:
- Obtain or confirm your entity’s valid DUNS Number
- Provide proof of SAM.Gov Account. If your entity is not registered in SAM.Gov, please do so as soon as possible. Proof of SAM.Gov Account registration initiation (Email Confirmation) will be required for application. We understand the SAM.Gov Account registration process will take time. SAM.Gov Account registration needs to be complete by the first reporting period.
How Will Funding Be Awarded:
- Only one Visit Arizona Initiative Marketing Grant will be awarded per entity per application period, unless a DMO is the lead applicant for a regional partnership. An entity may apply for other Visit Arizona Initiative Grant Programs and be awarded.
What Will be Considered for Award:
- AOT will award applications based on geographic location, demonstrated financial need, scope of work merit in regards to the tourism industry, and alignment with AOT’s Statewide Strategic Recovery Plan.
Grant Application Due Date:
- The Visit Arizona Marketing Grant is a competitive grant program and will open on August 16, 2021 and close October 15, 2021. AOT will review applications and notify entities within 30 days.
- Describe an appropriate response to the public health emergency or its negative economic impacts, including assistance to small businesses, nonprofits, or aid to impacted industries such as tourism, travel and hospitality.
- Provide a tourism, travel, and hospitality industry focused scope of work that will respond to the negative economic impacts of the pandemic.
Competitive applications will…
- Demonstrate alignment with the Arizona Office of Tourism’s mission and the Statewide Tourism Industry Recovery Plan
- Respond to the negative economic impacts of the public health emergency
- Increase Arizona tourism and support tourism-related jobs as the State recovers from the pandemic
- Provide measurable metrics for successful project implementation
- Enhance Arizona’s profile as a world renowned destination
GENERAL GRANT INFORMATION
- Designated destination marketing organizations (DMOs)
- Regional Partnerships
- For profit entities, including but not limited to hotels, attractions, tour operators, restaurants, etc.
*Organizations who receive Prop 302 or Rural Co-op Marketing Program funding cannot receive Visit Arizona Initiative Funding for the same tactics.
- Print Placements
- Broadcast Placements
- Outdoor Placements
- Digital Media Placements
- Website Development/Enhancement
- Printed Material
- Audio-Visual (Film, Video, Photography)
- Event Sponsorship (Event Sponsorship funding is capped at 25% of total award)
*The Visit Arizona Initiative will only provide funding for hard costs.
Scope of Work
- “The grant [scope of work] must assess the connection between the negative economic harm and the COVID-19 public health emergency, the nature and extent of that harm, and how the use of this funding would address such harm.” (31 CRF Part 35, pg. 11)
Maximum Fund Investment
To ensure enough funding for equitable distribution, AOT will award grants on a competitive basis and require matching funds at every level of funding.
- $500,000-$250,000 - 25% Funding Match Required
- $249,000-$100,000 - 20% Funding Match Required
- $99,999-$50,000 - 15% Funding Match Required
- $50,000-$5,000 - 10% Funding Match Required
*Funding will be awarded on a competitive basis with the intent to allocate all monies within two fiscal years. AOT will consider geographic distribution across Arizona and ensure equitable access to funds between rural and urban areas. Once awarded, funding will be distributed upfront and quarterly reporting will be required.