At the Governor’s Quarterly Tribal Summit on Economic Development and Tourism held in December 2003 in Yuma, Arizona, the establishment of the Arizona Office of Tourism's Tribal Tourism Advisory Committee was announced.
Committee representatives are appointed by Tribal leadership and meet quarterly. See the current Tribal Tourism Advisory Committee Members.
Statement of Purpose
The committee serves in an advisory capacity to the Arizona Office of Tourism to enhance the marketing efforts and cultural experiences offered to Arizona's visitors.
- To assist the Arizona Office of Tourism in successfully marketing Arizona as a destination.
- To enhance two-way communication between Arizona's Tribal tourism offices and the Arizona Office of Tourism.
- To increase the knowledge of programs offered by the Arizona Office of Tourism.
- To serve as a liaison between AOT and Tribal entities who are involved with tourism development and marketing in Tribal communities.
- To facilitate the expansion of tourism opportunities on Tribal lands.
- To work with AOT in the development of Tribal tourism products.